Saturday 11 January 2014

Wooldown Cottages - Cornwall

There was so much that was wonderful about my anniversary weekend away, but (excepting the wonderful company), the best thing by far was the cottage we stayed in.

Wooldown Cottages is a family run business, with a number of beautiful cottages set in a picturesque location near Bude in Cornwall.

We were made to feel welcome from the second we arrived. We were met by the lovely Rowan who showed us to our cottage and helped us get settled in. A lovely surprise touch were the scones and cakes left for us to enjoy with a cup of tea after our long drive.

We opted for Stargazey, a recently built holiday cottage for two. The cottage is open plan with the kitchen, bedroom and living room all in one room. Everything about the cottage beautiful, if I could have moved in there forever I would have.

The bathroom had a huge shower and was decorated with shimmering tiles. There were piles of thick, fluffy towels and the floor was heated, in fact there was underfloor heating EVERYWHERE. As soon as I realised I had to pull off my socks and run around squealing about how warm my toes were.



The kitchen was all shiny and glamorous, with soft closing doors and everything you could need to cook up a storm while away. I was greatly impressed (and yet slightly freaked out), by the organisation of the cutlery drawer.



The living room had a couple of cosy leather sofas and a big flatscreen TV that was perfect for curling up in front of while watching DVDs. If watching a film isn't your thing there are big patio doors with a lovely view across the countryside.



There was a huge, cosy wooden bed. The most exciting thing about the cottage wasn't the huge bed though, it was what sat at the foot of it. A giant cauldron. Well not actually a cauldron but a huge, circular tin spa bath. This was so big that when I got in it I immediately slipped under the water and didn't touch the other side.



Sitting in that giant bath with my husband, listening to Christmas tunes on Classic FM while drinking champagne was probably the most wonderful way I could envisage spending an anniversary. It was perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment