Friday 1 November 2013

Step by Step - November

All my life I have been teased for my love of lists. In fact as I've got older not only has the teasing got worse, but somehow it means that people think I'm organised and I get roped into doing lots and lots of organisational bits and bobs for people.

I know I'm really guilty of getting bogged down in lots of little bits that I've said I'll do for other people and don't always think about doing things for me, so from this month I'm going to do what I've seen lots of other bloggers do and set myself some goals to achieve. Little steps each month to more happiness and organisation for me.

1. Read a textbook. 

Okay I know that this doesn't seem like much fun, but I spend so much time doing stuff for other people I forget to do the basics. I'm a massive geek and I ordered myself a new textbook last week. I've been saying that I want to brush up on my neonatology for a while, so that's what I'm going to do.

2. Write Christmas cards.

I always get to halfway through December when I'm insanely busy at work and remember that I've forgotten to write the Christmas cards I bought. I have stacks of them and this year I'm going to get prepared earlier.

3. Take a walk.

Once I'm outside in the cold fresh air I love having a walk, and it always makes me feel so much better, but I always find too much stuff to do indoors. This month I need to take some outside time.

4. Use my proper camera.

Since I got an iPhone I've almost totally stopped using my real camera. It's not a fancy DSLR, but I used to love taking pictures on it. This month I'm going to take it out more.

5. Take a bath.

Before you jump to conclusions I shower every day! There's nothing nicer when it's cold out to have a relaxing soak in a hot bath. I want to do this with no phone, no emails, no reading work stuff, just listening to music.

6. Technology free day. 

I'm going to spend 1 day this month with no iPad, no laptop and no smartphone. That means no thinking about work emails, no ignoring hubby for reading blogs (oops) and no stressing myself out by accidentally landing on the Daily Fail website.

1 comment:

  1. I do exactly the same, I write lists for everything, I don't know where I would be without them or how other people who don't write them function!! I think I'm gonna make a list for the month just like you!

    Helen

    www.fragile-bird.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete