Wednesday 23 October 2013

It's Booked!




Hubby and I have finally got organised, we booked our anniversary weekend away!

We have known that we wanted to go away for the weekend to celebrate our first wedding anniversary since we got married. I remember sitting in a cafe the morning after we got married and saying how great it will be that our 1st wedding anniversary falls on a Friday, the perfect excuse to have a long weekend.

As luck would have it, my usually horrible rota not only had me off that weekend, but the Friday too. It was clearly meant to be. 

Our plan has always been to have quiet, romantic weekend in a cottage somewhere we can drive to, and except for a brief flirtation with the idea of Disneyland, I've spent longer browsing holiday cottages than I spent planning my wedding (not hard when we planned a wedding in 6 weeks). 

I had a little panic this weekend when I realised I'd left booking the cottage I'd found too late. Someone else had booked it. My first reaction was to be devastated, but then I realised that everything happens for a reason, and there must be a much nicer cottage hiding somewhere, waiting for us to book it. 

I was right. 

We have found a gorgeous little cottage near Bude, which is part of a small collection of holiday cottages. It has a huge bed, a copper bath and beautiful views over the countryside. I've always wanted to visit Cornwall and this will be my chance to spend a couple of days with my wonderful husband visiting lots of cute little towns and enjoying each others company.

I'm not going to spoil the surprise of where we're going, but I promise to show some pictures when we get back if you promise to keep your fingers crossed that the weather won't stop us getting there!

No comments:

Post a Comment