There is something comforting about a big plate of carbs, especially as the weather starts to get colder. It's even better if that plate of carbs needs minimal preparation. Strangely, I'm not a massive fan of normal chips, or normal potato at all. Conversely I could eat sweet potato until I turned into a starchy orange ball of loveliness.
I can't claim that this idea was mine. I've spent many an evening having food envy when the lovely @trufflepotamous has been showing off her spicy sweet potato chips. I don't know how she makes hers, but this is how I make mine.
I won't bore you with quantities, I'm guessing that most people know how much potato they will eat. If you're a bit afraid of the spices just add them gradually and have a taste of the spicy oil.
1. Heat oven to 180 degrees C.
2. Peel the sweet potatoes and cut into chunky chips.
3. Put in a bowl and coat generously with olive oil.
4. Season with as much salt, chilli, paprika and oregano as you like.
5. Turn out on to a baking tray and cook for 20-30 mins (or until they are going brown on the outside and are smooshy on the inside) giving them a good shake half way.